Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Boys

Luke.
Luke with his 2nd cast of his young life.
I swear, one of the Lord's tender mercies 
is that I have a husband who works in the ER
and I work in Physical Therapy.

Another tender mercy--
not only can I see Luke in the dark but
this cast is new-fangled!!
Completely and utterly waterproof!
He can shower or bath or swim, no problem.
Waterproof!! Why did that take so long to come up with??




Tanner is #36.

Tanner is also #1 in my eyes.
This young man is tough.
Tough and persistent.
Strong- he is beast! In every way!
A warrior!
I love his heart and effort.
I know that playing football this year has had it's challenging times,
but he won't ever quit or give up.
He always does his best.

Today at his game, I took notice of a kid on his team.
He is 6'5'' as a sophomore.
Thick and muscular.
Looks like the epitome of a football player.
I decided to watch him specifically on the field.

The first play I watched him, I was startled at how quickly he lost his man.
It seemed as though he gave up.
I watched a 2nd and 3rd and 4th time.
I got more and more irritated.
The kid was lazy!!
That kid quit every play!
He was blessed with so much potential in his physicality,
but his heart was not in it.
This kid should have been able to dominate the opponent.
But, he didn't have any fight.

I couldn't contain myself and mentioned it to Todd.
He said, "I know, I watch him practice. He is lazy."

I am proud of my son, who is not the biggest or the fastest.
But his heart is in it.
He will not give up.
He always does his best.
(I love it when he smashes someone because even though I can't see his face
from the stands, I know there is a huge smile on his face-he LOVES that!)

The best part though is he always greets me after the game with a hug and a "thanks for coming"

I AM PROUD OF YOU SMASHBY!











No more football this year for one son.
3 more games for the other.

Why does Fall have to go so fast?



P.S.
To my darling daughters:
(or at least to the one that may read my blog)

You are the sunshine in my soul.
I don't want to hear about how Tanner is the favorite.
You may (or may not) be mentioned about 5,000 times in this blog.
And at least 99% of the time it is positive.

I would rave about you too, if you put on a jock strap and a helmet 
and went out and knocked somebody flat on their back.

I'm just sayin'..






1 comment:

Sara said...

what happened to luke? so sorry he has a cast! i want to come to one of tanner's dang games! why in the world do they have to be on thursdays?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews