Saturday, September 8, 2012

Luke's wisdom

"Sophie! Do you have to lay right in the middle of the floor!"

This from me as I tripped over Sophie while cleaning up lunch today.

I knew what was coming next.  My children would chastise me.  I didn't have long to wait.

"Mom, I don't like it when you are mean to Sophie. She's old!" This from Sadie.

"Yeah, Mom! I don't like it either." This from Luke.

I responded, "I am not mean to her. She is just in my way. I don't understand why she needs to be in the middle of the floor!"

Luke- "Mom, she is fat. She needs to lay down!"

Me- "She doesn't need to lay down in the middle of the floor!"

Luke- "Don't be mean Mom."

Me- "She doesn't even understand me when I say those things. She doesn't even know what I am saying and that she is bugging me!"

Luke- "Yes, she does.  She knows English, Mom. She is an English Bulldog, not a German Bulldog."

You can't make this stuff up.






4 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

Oh man, I die laughing at every single one of your posts. Keep 'em coming!

Sara said...

oh my! i love her! why can't we just lay down whenever/where ever we want?

Cam said...

Love it! Your kids are darling.

Diana said...

Oh my gosh -- priceless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews