Do you moms out there ever feel like your life is a rodeo?

The other night as I was literally wrestling with two squirming toddlers, who were giggling and laughing and being rather naughty, I thought, my life is rather like a rodeo. I try to herd these children hour after hour to where they need to be. They buck and kick and do what ever they can to unseat me. They bellar (cowboy speak) and bawl. They look sweet and cute like little newborn calves, but really they are like the horned bulls that gore the cowboys when they fall off. On occasion, they are tame and fun like the valiant steeds (shrek for horses) that perform the barrel racing, but then they turn in to the bare back beasts that contort their bodies, bare their teeth, stomp their feet and throw you to the dust. Sometimes, I feel like performing the most hated of all rodeo moves on my children--you know, the one where the cowboy on his horse ropes the poor little calf who is running away full speed. Then the man jumps off and wrestles him to the ground and ties up his feet. I swear, sometimes I want to do that to my children. Just for a moment of NONrodeo. If I had a steed, I swear I would.

1 comment:
love it! and i would love to watch you calf rope your youngens.
Post a Comment