Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010- The Year of the Sick


Playing angry ducks on the iphone..

Dad is THE MAN

Sophie after Todd got done decorating her.
It wouldn't happen if she just moved sometimes.

Again, with the angry birds on the iphone

Luke helping mom..

Luke freakin' his freak because he just realized how high up he was..

Luke post freak-out






Trying to get the tree off the ground away from dog and children who act like animals..

Despite not getting to spend time with my "kin" in Neola, this Thanksgiving was not a complete disaster. No one had diarrhea or vomited. Super big deal in this house. We actually had a great time, just our little family. We went out to eat (gasp!!) and loved not having to clean up a bunch of dirty dishes. Although, I will miss the leftover turkey casserole that I LOVE to make for the next day.. Oh well.. After lunch, we came home and hung out. Hanging out means, Todd plays "angry ducks"on his iphone with boys or they play a little Halo. Todd spear-headed getting all of the Christmas decorations out of the spare room in the basement. Maddie napped and the toddlers didn't (too excited with all of the Christmas decorations out). Sadie dried some dishes. Put up the old "fake" tree (Maddie says I am ruining Christmas because I bought a fake tree). Really fun to have everyone (including Todd) home to do Christmas prep together. I made two pies because I felt like a bad mom for not baking anything on Thanksgiving. Grandma and Grandpa Ashby came over and we had some pie and watched "Modern Family" which, I must say, is the funniest show, EVER! SOOOO FUN!!


My beautiful herd before we went out to eat...




1 comment:

kwgirl said...

Love Modern Family as well and nice pic of your little family all dressed up for Thanksgiving. We also didn't cook this year (nice, no clean up) but we got invited over to friends.
Check out the newsletter for an amazing recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole. I would love your recipe for your turkey casserole! Heather G

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews