Friday, February 11, 2011

LAST DAY OF MY LIFE

Goodbye, 30's.

What I won't miss about being 30 something-

1.  From the time I turned 30, I was already counting the years to when I would be 40. Now I am finally going to be that awful number and I can stop the countdown already!

2.   30 is busy!! I am looking forward to my "retirement" from the busy last decade of my life.   Please tell me life slows down, please!?? (I know, I am kidding myself)

3. I had set my mind to do 10 things, but let's be real, I can't come up with anything else.  The 30's were great to me.  And this is my last day as a 30 something.  Harsh.


What I will enjoy about turning 40-

1. My birthday party tomorrow.  So excited to see all my friends or at least the ones who are coming.  To all of you who are not coming, let me just say ... "WHASSUP??? WHERE'S THE LOVE?" You are going to be so sorry to miss this affair.  But, if you tune into "Extra" tomorrow night, I am sure you will see paparazzi shots of this seriously glamorous meeting of lovely ladies. 

2.   As I turn 40 tomorrow, my husband will still be part of the 30 something crowd, which makes me feel very cougarish and cool to have a younger husband.  It is especially pleasing to my mind when someone says, "Todd's younger than you??  That is crazy, you look a lot younger than him!" I seriously love it!! He is quite a yummy piece of cougar bait, though. Even with his silver hair.  

3.  Being able to say, "I am 40!" when someone asks me how old I am.  I am proud to have made it 4 decades and have no problem telling people my age.  I plan on enjoying my 40's as much as I did my 30's.  

Hello, 40's. I am totally ready for you.  What is it gonna be... a slow descent into madness or more of the same... crazy fun times with family and friends?  Maybe a little of both, but whatever!  BRING IT ON!

3 comments:

Sara said...

happy last day of your 30s! i wish that i could be at your party - boohoo, but i will be sure to read about it in People. by the way, you are the most immature 40 year old that i know and i love it!

wendy said...

"slow descent into madness= more of the same"...just to be clear.
Wendy

shortandsweet said...

Happy 40!!!!!!!! Had every intention of being at your OLD GRANDMA Party, but life decided to "happen" to me today. I hope it was absolutely wonderful- welcome to the forties! (I am older than my husband as well, but I didn't know you were part of that club.) Can't wait to see the pictures from the extravaganza!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews