Monday, February 14, 2011

This is what 40 looks like (you have been warned!)

This post will forever remind me of the day that any grain of vanity and pride left my body.  As you will see from the pictures, I have no sense of right or wrong.  I let it all hang out at my party and, let's just say, it is a DARN good thing that I don't drink alcohol because who knows what would have happened!! Let's just say it was not the most mature or dignified of affairs, but HALLELUJAH FOR THAT!! I, for one, had a grand time with my grannie panties and shower caps.  Who knew that it would be so freeing to wear a size 3X pantie!!?? 

I loved every minute of it, especially the minutes spent hugging my friends and family who took time out of their busy lives to come to my party which marked the end of my life.  You are all the freakin' best and I had the time of my life (and I never felt this way before, I swear, it's the truth and I owe it all you).  

Lots of great memories were made.. wendy and patty in my grannie panties, todd and brandon in the grannie wigs, melony singing my some broadway tunes at the door, my beautiful sister and her boys surprising me, my friends dancing to Outkast, natalie and todd doing Sadie's nails, Sophie wearing my grannie panties on her head, breaking my hip... all so much fun. 

I really dressed up for the affair.  I quite like my coral plaid polyester jacket.
Got my hair set.
Bought me some new readers at Wal-Mart after my "greeter" shift was over.

Some of the girls from work.
Obviously, from a much younger generation than mine.

"Ssshh... you must be quiet to hear my sizzle..."

My grannies as french cut grannies..

Natalie making Rachel's nails gorgeouso!

Don't be jealous, I have had work done..

Jodi, Daysha and I rockin' the club.


My favorite part of the night was my Sara coming to my party.
Did not know she was coming.
Or maybe I forgot... hmmm, awkward!

Cutest friends ever!!
Jesse and Jenny  and Nolan

I take no responsibility for this picture. 
I think Patty may have had a small stroke right when this picture was snapped.


That is the same pair of grannie panties that I wore.
They have their whole body in one leg opening.
I am so going to become anorexic..

Same grannie panties that I peed a little in when I was doing the dance.
Whoopsie Daisy!

Once again, Patty is out of control.


Jenny is hot.

Wendy is checkin' my perm out.
She wants some of that curly action.





This is my cat lady face.

This is my senior citizen jump.

This is my interpretation of a Mary Tyler Moore moment..
or Singing in the Rain moment..
something that only old people watch..

falling, falling, falling..

I broke my hip!!

Nevermind, it was not broke, just dislocated. 
I am fine now.
Good as new.


My interpretation of Antoine Dodson, tough guy.
Nevermind my white skin and purple flashin hair.
Just look at my scary & intimidating face.


Cutest grannie ever!

Herriman Cougar Club, charter members.

Sophie is exhausted after all of the dancing she did.

Heading for the shower.

Those crazy grannie panties..
Gotta love 'em.

 PS... WENDY, YOU ARE A DREAM COME TRUE!  THANKS FOR A GREAT PARTY! I WILL MAKE YOU SOME FLAPJACKS ON YOUR BIRTHDAY OK!? OR IF YOU WANT, I'LL FRY YOU UP SOME SPAM, FOR A SPAM SANDWICH... GRAPE JELLY?? YOU DECIDE.. WHATEVER YOU WANT! THIS GRANNY WILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU SOMEHOW, SOME WAY...


6 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

Happy Birthday Stacey! Seriously, those pics are hilarious and how did Sophie get in that position? Love it... happy birthday!

Keely said...

LOL!! I LOVE IT! I love the way you embraced 40...and your pictures are totally awesome! I hope I have the courage to do the same next year when I hit the big four-oh! :)

Happy Birthday! (sorry a little late)

kwgirl said...

I was so SAD I couldn't make it to your party...what a ton of fun it looked like you were having. No surprise there! Seriously, 40 never looked so good:) So how do I join the Herriman Cougarettes? I got 13 years on you young ones!!!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have missed it...okay, maybe a little late but NEVER would have missed it! Only you would be dancing around in the underwear and admit you had an accident in them! Such fun, fun times!

Jenell said...

Oh, to have been a fly on your "Old Mother Hubbard" walls!! There really are no words...you, little ol' granny, you...
Happy "belated" Birthday...I am late, but the card is in the mail (it had to be GOOD)!!
Love you!

Em said...

Best Birthday Party Ever! Thanks for letting me come!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews