Maddie graduated from seminary on Sunday. I didn't think I would get emotional, but I did.
I just can't believe my job is kind of done. I remember when she was first born and I didn't want to lay her down, or leave her with a babysitter, or go to the bathroom without her... I mean, she went everywhere with me and now, she won't live with me and I won't be able to see her on a daily basis. I am obsolete to her!! I just can't believe how fast she has grown up. She is the most perfectly imperfect teenager who really is basically an adult. I am stunned to realize that the next big event in her life will be marriage. I hope she will wait awhile for that because I am just NOT ready to be a mother-in-law!
Every night as I say my prayers, I cry for this beautiful daughter of God. I cry because she has been such a blessing in my life. I cry because I am going to miss her. I cry because I wonder if she knows how proud of her I am. I cry because I am her mother and she is leaving me in just a few short months. Seriously--PAINFUL!
I am so thankful for the past 17 (almost 18!) years of being a mother. I am especially grateful at this time for this beautiful girl, Maddie Maggoo, that I love more than life itself!
Go forth, my gorgeous one!! Come back with dirty laundry, roommate gossip, college horror stories, homework, sleep deprivation. Come back with a stronger testimony, new friends and a realization of how blessed you are. Come back with pleas for money, home-cooked meals, new clothes & a back rub. Come back with a smile, a hug, a kiss or even a tear or two. Just please come back!!






3 comments:
congratulations our maddie girl! we love you and are so proud of you.
Beautifully said my Stacy girl. Your thoughts brought back painful memories of you leaving the nest and striking out on your own. You made it and so will our wonderful Maddie. These big steps are pretty hard, but necessary as we learn and grow. You're all in our prayers and we'll shed a tear or two along with you. Much happiness and joy to you all. Love, Mom and Grandma
dang ~!! you and me both...this having our babies get older and grow up is sure a lot harder than i ever
thought it would be, right?!
Post a Comment