Thursday, May 31, 2012

Done


WARNING:
This post may be too long for anyone but a blood relative.
It contains 27 pictures.
It is almost as long as a high school graduation ceremony.
ALMOST... but, not quite.

I don't know quite how to feel tonight at 11:30 p.m. 
on this momentous of all nights.
My daughter
is a high school graduate.
Weird.
Sad.
Exciting.
Weird.

She has big plans tonight.
Parties until 5:00 a.m.
and then breakfast with friends.

"See ya at 7 or 8 or 9 in the morning!" 
she yelled to me as she left tonight.

She is sooo over me..

Don't worry. She is supposed to text me every few hours to 
tell me her plans and who she is with.

Hopefully, she remembers.

It is going to be a long night.



This is how I will always remember this child.


Gams and Gamps

Gabe, Dakota, John




Seriously, after 3 hours of pure torture I had to entertain myself somehow.
I had already checked all my email and edited some pictures.
So this was the next thing I could think of to do.
Take a hideous picture of myself and my sexy husband.




I just need to point out that...

1. Tanner had been at Lagoon all day with his friends.
2. I was at work until right up until this point.
3. I did not dress Sadie or Luke.
4. I was not responsible for their lack of hair style.
5. Maddie was supposed to iron her gown.
6. Yes, I am always this sensitive..









Maddie and cousin Taylor

Maddie with bestie, Gabe

Maddie with Shaylee


Maddie with Losee


Maddie with Dakota



Maddie saying "cheese" to the paparazzi who were on hand for this fine red carpet event.
Totally weird.



Do not even tell me those are not the cutest shoes on the cutest girl!




Congratulations to Ms. Maggoo!
On to the next chapter of your life.
I love love love you!!!


5 comments:

Sara said...

yay maddie!!! congratulations!!

Jenell said...

Way to go, Maddie! So proud of you!

Diana said...

Beautiful wonderful girl! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Totally weird that you have a child that has graduated!!! BLOWS my mind!!!

nielsons*love*family said...

was your graduation SERIOUSLY 3 hours? ours was about 1 1/2 hours and just about perfect! congrats to you guys....it is such a weird happy sad thing for our first kids huh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews