YES, WITH MY HUSBAND.
AND MY NEW IPHONE.
WHICH IS NOT NEW AT ALL.
IT IS A HAND-ME-DOWN FROM MY DEAR ONE.
I CAN NOT BELIEVE I HAVE SURVIVED FOR 41 YEARS WITHOUT IT!
AND INSTAGRAM! WHAT A TENDER MERCY! I AM NOT LYING! OR BEING DRAMATIC!
YES, I AM YELLING WITH MY ALL CAPS!
MY TEENS ARE NOT HAPPY THAT I GOT THE IPHONE.
MADDIE-- "YOU NEVER EVEN ANSWER YOUR PHONE! WHY DO YOU GET IT?"
TANNER-- "IT'S NOT FAIR! I HAVE ONLY HAD 1 PHONE MY ENTIRE LIFE!"
ME-- "KISS IT, KIDS!! DAD LOVES ME MORE THAN YOU! AND IF YOU WANT AN IPHONE THEN I SUGGEST YOU GET A JOB! AND A VERY GOOD JOB AT THAT!!"
BECAUSE I LOVE MY IPHONE AND LOVE IRRITATING MY KIDS, THIS IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT CONVERSATIONS ARE LIKE THE LAST 24 HOURS....
ME--
"HEY FAMILY, ME AND MY IPHONE ARE GOING TO THE STORE FOR SOME MILK. IF YOU NEED ANYTHING JUST CALL ME ON MY IPHONE!"
OR
"OH, HOW CUTE! DID YOU HEAR MY IPHONE'S ALERT WHEN I GOT A MESSAGE ON MY IPHONE?"
OR MY VERY FAVORITE..
WHEN THEY CALL, I ANSWER "STACY'S IPHONE, HOW CAN I HELP YOU?"
I LOVE IT SO MUCH (THE PHONE AND BEING OBNOXIOUS).
NOW FEAST YOUR EYES ON SOME OF MY FIRST INSTAGRAM PHOTOS.
This is my confused face as I try to figure out the camera.
This fine fellow is the king of my jungle and was on the prowl... meow!
This is Sophie having a little after dinner snack of sock lint..
So wrong, but it feels so right...
I greeted Tanner with "Say cheese for my iPhone!"
He greeted me with a .... well, you can imagine.
Child who still loves me.
Yah! I have 2 children who still love me!
"Maddie, can I practice taking a picture with my iPhone?"
I was almost afraid when I saw this picture.
I think I am about to be on an episode of
"I Shouldn't Be Alive"
or
"Snapped"
or
"48 hours Mystery"
Digging for bugs.
All day long.
Playing "Surf's Up" on the trampoline.
I know... someone is going to die.
And now, presenting the last of the Maddie's high school function pictures.
Tonite was the Senior Dinner dance.
The kids all go stag.
Dinner and dancing at Thanksgiving Point.
I love my beautiful daughter!
Raman and Sebastian escorted Maddie and Dakota to dinner.
Yes, that is his name. And No, he is not being serious.
Now, I go to my love.
My iPhone feels lonely, as do I.
I haven't held it in my hands for at least 15 minutes.
Thanks to my dear sweet husband for the best hand-me-down present ever.
I am sorry if the love I have for my phone overwhelms me and my precious free time.
At some point, I may come back to you.
Or maybe I won't.
Was that your intention in the first place?

2 comments:
congratulations to you and your iphone!
Emma especially loved the "Kiss it, kids" comment! I LOVE ALL THE FUN PICTURES YOU TOOK WITH YOUR COVETED IPHONE, AND 'yes', I ALSO ENJOY TYPING IN CAPS...kind of like screaming through the computer! :)
Post a Comment