Todd turned 40 this last weekend.
I know! He doesn't look a day past 50!
Just kidding, sweet chunks!
He refused to have a party and he had to work all weekend,
so our celebration included
WAKING HIM UP FROM A DEEP SLEEP &
GIVING HIM PRESENTS &
TAKING HIM TO "AVENGERS" (loved it!) &
HOME-MADE TACOS!
His presents included about $100 dollars worth of gag-old people supplies.
The sad thing is.. Todd was way excited for all of his presents.
His most favorite? Ensure drinks, of course...
My favorite was his blood pressure cuff and all of the
"Help" medicines..
Take a look at all of them.
Seriously, I cracked up.
Luke picked this out for his Dad.
I don't think Todd was quite awake for this picture.
Poor, sleep-deprived old man.
All of these apply to Todd.
And typically on the same day.
This is about a 2 day supply of medication for him.
And my family's all-time favorite..
HOME-MADE GRANDMA FARM TACOS.
And, then we had to have some cake.
Or pie, as it were.
KEY LIME.
We didn't have 40 candles... I know, I am lame.
And then for the MOTHER.
Oh yeah. I got spoiled.
My cute old man lover built me this...
LOVE IT!
We will be breaking it in tonight!
Steak, potato salad and fresh fruit!
Bring on Summer-we are ready now!!
Maddie also made breakfast for me.
Sadie and Luke served me my coffee cake and eggs and toast in bed.
It was fabulous.
Maddie also gave me a cute picture frame with pictures of our family.
She IS going to miss us!
Tanner cleaned up the kitchen after Maddie made breakfast.
And I didn't even have to re-do it!!
Great day at church, where I got the cutest purse-shaped notes from my babies..(see below)
Then we went to dinner at Jodi's and had a yummy myzthra spaghetti dinner.
Kids had fun with cousins...(see below)
I LOVE ME SOME MOTHER'S DAY!!
Oh yeah.
That is my princess.
My precious child... holding a rat.
A rat.
Of course Jodi has a pet rat.
And of course, my daughter thinks it is a different looking kitty.
She loved that rat as much as any rat deserves to be loved.
Tanner doing what he does best... pestering his sweet cousins.
I don't care what anyone says..
This is the best present of all.
My favorite is Sadie has somehow gotten the idea that I don't like to clean..
Hmm... whatever gave her that idea.
Is it because she, at the tender age of 5, is our dishwasher?
So cute, I died.
Translation:
My favorite food is: Salid (salad)
The thing I cook the best is: tatrtost (tatertots)
My favorite thing to do is: runs
I don't like to : yrdwrk (yardwork, obviously)
My job is: maks pepol fil betr (makes people feel better)
I love him because: Im hr sun (I'm her son)
Died. dead. died.
Maddie's cute present.
That never got completed.
Until I completed it.
Happy Mother's Day to me!



4 comments:
I'm 42 so I need most or all of those treatments. It's rough getting old!
Fabulous! Your back yard is beautiful, your family is beautiful, and you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Love it! And love you all! Mom
so fun! love your back yard and barby. can't wait to see it in person this weekend.
Happy Birthday, old man and Happy Mother's Day, to a crazy mom I really look up to (both belated)! By the way, I love that "cute old man lover" and "breaking it in tonight" were both in the same paragraph...sheesh, Stace, look how you have rubbed off on me!
Post a Comment