
3 fresh peach pies (all of which were gone in 5 minutes)
14 quarts of canned peaches
9 pints of cooked jam
5 pints of freezer jam
Is that seriously all I did??? Doesn't seem like that much, but I also did the following....
Maddie got asked out on Wednesday to Bingham's homecoming dance which is in a couple of weeks. I can already tell I am going to be one of those mothers.. I am way into this crap!! So she got the poster... something about she had to look through the 5 gallon ice cream bucket to find out who asked her. Which we did.. for about an hour.

I finally ended up straining it while running hot water over it to see if we could find the name that way.. we never did. Luckily we figured out (we had some other clues) who it was. So then the conniving starts and we have to answer in a clever or unique way. So Maddie and I came up with the idea, to say when pigs fly I will go with you to homecoming. So of course, this weekend when I was also doing peaches, we had to come up with the decorations and make arrangements to decorate his room. So cute. Love the pig flying from his ceiling fan.
Candy all over the floor, pink balloons all over the room and a pig wired to your ceiling fan. Just what this teenaged boy was hoping for I am sure.
Of course, I also have ADHD or obsessive compulsive disorder or something and we had to start buying dresses. In a matter of seconds, we had found 3 that we just had to have.
Todd, if you are reading this..
1- You can not wear the same dress to every dance and
2-She is my first girl and I am reliving my teen years through her and
3-I made her purchase one of the dresses
4-We got killer deals!! Love ya, honey...
OK. So that all happened in a 36 hour period of time. Then, today we had soccer for the two little munchkins. So cute. Really, I don't think either one will be a professional athlete. But, I am sure they think they are the coolest things to ever grace a cleat or a shin guard. Sadie's shin guards look like little popsicle sticks, so tiny! Like their mother, their favorite part of the activity is the treats after.
Precious monkeys..

It's so cute, it hurts my heart...
Luke got a break-away, but was caught from behind by one of his teammates. He was very bugged and later told me "I twy and twy, but the othew boys on my team aw just biggew and fastew than me!" Tender little child..
Right after soccer, was football. Such a gorgeous day and I just love football so much. I don't know how it happened but I just love it and wish I could play it. Actually, there are probably some high school teachers that remember when I did play it for the powder puff football game. I rocked some chick's world. It was awesome. Enough about me, my son did awesome today and it was great to be able to sit with Maddie on the sidelines enjoying the beautiful fall day. Our team won, which was just the cherry on top.
Speaking of fruit, I ate too much today. I think I might have diarrhea. Toodles...
![]()
3 comments:
WOW!!!!!! My question: can you really re-use the lids for canning? I was told that they wouldn't seal, so I have never tried it.
PS- Welcome to the world of school dances. Valesca got a new dress this week too because HE has already seen her in one she wore to a party, she felt too "christmasy" in the other she has never worn and the other one she has never worn she "just wasn't feelin' it". We still need shoes though.
so much to say. love the canning, i want to try your peach pies. love the maddie segment and then there is the picture of sadie, looking like a little uumpa luumpa. so fun!
Such beautiful, wonderful children -- and to think you all belong to us! That is true joy. (Small note - probably best not to re-use the lids, but I've heard of it happening before. I think I even tried it once, but I feel more secure with new lids. So proud of you and all your "mothering" skills!) Love you all!
Post a Comment