Big Cottonwood Canyon


Luke with his stick gun that he found within 2 seconds of beginning the hike..

Sadie running with her "sord"

Muzzle pointing down, we have taught him well.
Cuteness level - off the charts!



Running with my baby on his back
Luke barely hanging on as Tanner is running down trail..
Sadie almost coming off of Todd's shoulders as he runs..
Super fun.
Boy knees

I have been so busy the last few weeks (OK, months) that we haven't been able to hike nearly as much as we would like with the family. So, I insisted yesterday that we get out and see some leaves. I think we missed the majority of the color change, we mostly saw just dead leaves... Oh, well. As I always say, I kinda hate perfect, so it was fitting that we really had to search for a hike that exhibited any color. We did eventually find a fun little hike that still had some colors and we enjoyed some time on the dusty trail.
What I will remember..
- Todd having to go to the bathroom right when we get to the trailhead. So typical of him. He goes more than a breast-fed baby. Really, that is what he is. A breast-fed baby. (Sorry mom)
- Maddie wearing her hiking shoes, which just happen to be her white flip flops...(see here)
- Sadie found a "sord" (sword) and hit each of us at least 4 times as she tried to slay all of the bushes she walked past.
- Luke running down the trail, despite me telling him not to run. And within 10 seconds of my warning, a huge dust cloud and a screech that frightened up a flock of birds.. He had tripped over a stump and got "some bloods" on both his knees and his elbow.
- Tanner running down the trail with Luke on his back and me yelling for him to stop... Did he? No, he just moved him around front so if he fell, he would fall on Luke. Dreamy. Luckily, he didn't fall. (I would have killed him if he did.)
- At the end of our short little hike, the kids jumping off the rocks by the parking lot. They could jump to dad and Tanner for hours. And would, if we had nothing better to do with our lives.
- Another beautiful few minutes with all of my beautiful children and wonderful (if a bit loose-boweled) husband. I love them so much!
![]()
1 comment:
Beautiful peeps and beautiful country -- love you all!
Post a Comment