Maddie has been about 2 weeks without her beloved. Her beloved is her phone. It has been painful. Kind of like removing an appendage with no anesthetic... You parents of teens know what I mean. For her dad and I, it has been a magical 14 days. 14 days of laughter, few tears.. days of happy, not sad.. days of Maddie's face looking at us and speaking, not the top of her head as she is texting for the 4,000th time that day. Maddie asked for her phone back today. Dad was in charge of this whole situation as I tend to be a teeny, tiny bit dramatic and strict and I yell alot. So, as I was saying, Maddie asked her Dad for her phone. Todd insisted she write up a contract regard the phone and the appropriate usage for her phone and if he and I agreed it was a good contract we could all sign it.
Maddie: "What's a contract?"
(just kidding, she is a very intelligent girl..)
Maddie came back mere moments later with this...
Todd said it was all fine, except we needed an addendum to the contract that would explain the term "minimally" as worded in the contract.
Maddie: "What's an addendum?"
(not kidding, Todd told her to google it)
Seconds later, she came back with her artfully crafted addendum to her previous contract. I think she may have found her niche in life....
Addendum to this post:
I am in mortal danger because she just saw that I posted this and I have been informed that I am sharing too much of her life on my blog and I am to stop. So this will be the last entry regarding Maddie unless she approves. Failure to comply will result in her not speaking to me for a year.![]()
4 comments:
Ok, you kill me. My hubs and I have been laughing for about 10 minutes now. You better keep to the rules... if she's not talking to you then you won't get to help answer all of her dates back {which I loved the pigs fly idea}. I'm still laughing.
Great parenting! Reminds me of yesteryear . . . Way to cooperate Maddie! Love you!
i love the contract! matt and i have been saying that we HAVE to remember this for the "parenting of teenagers" years.
I think that it was a wonderful idea to have HER write the contract...I will have to retain that bit of info for future reference in our home...I am the one who usually writes the contracts.
Post a Comment