

This is his third year, but will hopefully be his last! I am seriously a little worried because my sweet little boy does not seem to be motivated to learn or do his homework. He is, however, motivated by the female population, so I need to learn how to work that in to his learning plan. Maybe he will not be able to "hang out" with the older neighbor girls anymore unless he practices his big M and little m and his A sounds and writes his name 5 times. I am a bit stressed about his apathy and lack of commitment. I only hope this is not a sign of things to come in kindergarten...
I am kidding, people. Seriously, I want to punch people who have their kids reading before kindergarten. I mean, what is the point? YOUR KIDS WILL BE BORED BECAUSE THEY ALREADY KNOW THE WHOLE YEARS CURRICULUM. Sorry, I shouted with caps.
OK, for real, I am jealous. I want to punch people whose kids are reading before kindergarten because I am green with envy. I have come to the troubling conclusion that I am actually going to have to participate in Luke learning to read and I haven't done that sort of parenting for a very long time. I am quite old and a bit on the grumpy side. I just don't think it is right that the same parent has to deal with teaching a kid to read and then 2 seconds later, trying to teach another kid how to drive, and then 2 seconds later teaching another kid how to turn off their phone for a prayer and then don't forget the all-time best, teaching a child how to wipe after #2. Maybe this reading and writing task is one of those parenting tasks best left for Todd to be in charge of. Then if it doesn't work out, I can blame him for his apathy and lack of commitment to our child's education.
However, after careful reflection and reviewing this post and my husband's signature, I think it would be considered neglect or possibly abuse if I had my husband teach my child how to write. Notice how similar Maddie's signature and Todd's signature is. Maybe she is going to be a doctor. That is my only hope.
![]()
1 comment:
Umm...so why can't they have a backpack and they have to have a bucket? Are you sure it isn't a one room schoolhouse and that is for their lunch?
Post a Comment